Thursday, February 16, 2012

Storm Preparation

Every spring, tornados and hail storms ravage the Midwest. According to NOAA, the Kansas City hail storm on April 10, 2001 was the costliest hail storm in U.S. history, with damages estimated at two billion dollars.

The aftermath of a storm can be life changing. Since our area is prone to weather hazards, we've had to learn to adapt to the natural climate. You can't avoid extreme weather, but you can be prepared when a storm attacks.

Here are some suggestions for spring time:

  • Park your cars in a garage with a roof to protect the windows from breakage and the roof of the vehicle from getting dents.
  • Home and business owners alike should choose a strong roofing system for their houses and buildings. The cost and the inconvenience of dealing with damage every time isn't worth the apparent savings of going with the cheapest option. 
  • Be particular when choosing the appropriate materials for your roof. Ask about hail resistant shingles and material warranties. At Bill West Roofing, we offer the best possible warranties, and often can give you a choice of different kinds of warranties. Your roofing company should be willing to explain the details to you.
  • Make sure that you have enough food and supplies to keep the household for a few days, in case you can't get out.
  • If you are outside when a storm hits, get inside and stay inside (bring pets inside too). Once you’re indoors, close all drapes, blinds, or shades to help protect against broken window glass and hailstones.
  • If the storm is severe, move to a basement, cellar or another part of the building not directly below the roof.
  • Make sure that all family members know where to take shelter in case of severe weather. Sometimes animals hide when a storm is approaching; when severe weather is predicted, round up your pets so you can take them with you. 
Your roof is your protection against hail, wind, lightning and thunderstorms. We are experts at installing roofs strong enough to withstand the most unfavorable weather conditions. If you are living in the greater Kansas City area, call Bill West Roofing to discuss your roofing needs.

24 comments:

  1. I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.
    Roofing Kansas City

    ReplyDelete
  2. This probably a lot of what roofers duncan bc are looking for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this great information! I really need to get Vancouver roofer... Where should I go for that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this I've been looking for roofing companies in Calgary to help me fix my roof and this article really helped me know what to look for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought….., thank you so very much for sharing the really cool ideas about flooring tile dealers. I have never heard of this type of flooring and tile interiors so something totally new ideas today.
    Thanks a lot landmaark

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your great information, the contents are very interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.
    Buy Liquid Roof

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been trying to find a roofing contractor. Is there a place that would be willing to help me? Your blog has been very helpful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're interested in a new roof for our home in Cincinnati. It's not in disrepair but we are looking for a new one to match the architecture of our home. We also want it to be modern and strong.
    John Bond | http://www.forestparkroofing.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tornadoes are the absolute worst that is why I moved away from Kansas. I also need to get a metal roof installed because of the severe weather that has been affecting us, here for the last couple years. I already have had my roof repaired twice in the past. http://www.atkinsroofing.com.au/services/new-roof-tiles-re-roof/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep on great working!! I didn’t expect that I will get such great thing from here. mclean-roofing

    ReplyDelete
  11. We provide you all roofing services in Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton and Mississauga. Hamilton Roofing is specialized in Residential and Commercial roofing. All Stars Roofing trusted Company in Canada.
    http://allstarsroofing.com/tag/roofing-companies-oakville/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hurrah! I have actually got the valuable information through this blog. That I never got from anywhere. roofing Walnut Creek

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow…….enormous blog. Thank you for sharing. FLRoofing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I conclude I have selected the smart and inconceivable website along with interesting stuff. roofing company

    ReplyDelete
  15. Opportunities software would be the scram to ceremonious yourself in the else rational thoroughfare. In case you murmur the conjectures by entrance everydays you can latest sell handful important storys. Which is manuscript enterprises is typically raise instruction consequently psychological gallery. You perhaps can similarly recompense the chirography inbred skill. Golden Roofing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Tips are useful...and presentation of blog is adorable
    emergency roof replacement in Pearland
    leak repair in Pearland
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com}

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by the foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to Le_Meridian Funding Service and for the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: { lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com} Or WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing valuable information

    Best Roofing Services In Kingwood
    Roof repair in Kingwood
    emergency roof repair in Kingwood
    same day roof replacement in Kingwood
    roof replacement in Kingwood
    emergency roof replacement in Kingwood
    leak repair in Kingwood
    emergency roof replacement in Houston,
    leak repair in Houston,
    Roof repair in Houston,
    same day roof replacement in Houston
    emergency roof repair in Houston
    roof replacement in Houston
    emergency roof replacement in Bellaire
    leak repair in Bellaire
    Roof repair in Bellaire
    same day roof replacement in Bellaire
    emergency roof repair in Bellaire
    roof replacement in Bellaire
    Best Plumbing Services in Houston
    Houston Plumbers

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is excellent information. Thanks for sharing.
    Stay Dry Roofing Services is providing long-lasting roofing solutions - leak repair, emergency roof repair and replacement in Kingwood. Call-(713) 936-4026

    Roof repair in Kingwood
    emergency roof repair in Kingwood
    same day roof replacement in Kingwood
    roof replacement in Kingwood
    emergency roof replacement in Kingwood
    leak repair in Kingwood

    ReplyDelete
  20. Informative Blog ..thanks for sharing
    Stuart Rubin

    ReplyDelete
  21. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Roofing Services Baltimore

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is a outstanding replacement for healthcare and ingredient treatments. Love with regards to discussing these details in this article. The wholesale formula review

    ReplyDelete